What Is Applied Kinesiology (AK) ?
AK is an open and integrated systematic approach to providing wholistic care. As an open system, skills and techniques across multiple disciplines are developed and approved as tools to increase the ability to find the underlying cause of your problem. These tools arise from many disciplines including chiropractic, osteopathy, traditional medicine, psychology, dentistry, acupuncture, biochemistry, homeopathy, and naturopathy ect.
Simply put, the AK doctor understands muscle relationships to other systems of the body, identifies imbalances, and works out treatment to create balance.
Muscles are one of our best windows into your nervous system. Improving your muscle balance & ability to move properly enables our corrections to continue to improve after our treatment.
Applied Kinesiology treatments may involve specific joint manipulation or mobilization, various muscle and myofascial therapies, cranial therapy, meridian and acupuncture skills, clinical nutrition, dietary management, counseling skills, evaluating environmental irritants, and various reflex procedures.
Here is a common example of our approach to produce rapid and lasting results:
- Review of medical history and examination
- Identify the source of pain (this in not always the painful area) & specific muscle/joint dysfunction
- Address specific underlying muscle imbalances for a better & lasting correction
- Remember that your low back pain may start in your feet, your head/neck, or even your central nervous system. We feel that it is important to take a top-down or bottom-up approach as needed
- Reduce systemic inflammation with safe, proven nutritional strategies
- Support targeted areas of nutritional weakness. Examples include adrenal stress, hormone imbalances, or gut inflammation. These may create specific structural imbalances and allow for injury
- Identify emotional stressors that promote imbalance. The ‘issues are in the tissues!’
- Utilize Low Level Laser Therapy to reduce pain and expedite tissue healing
- Tailor therapeutic exercises to improve corrections
- Order advanced diagnostics/refer out if necessary