Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Paul will carefully review and discuss your medical history as well as perform any needed physical exams. We ask that you bring with you any previous lab results for Dr. Paul to review as well. Based on your initial consultation with Dr. Paul, he will make recommendations to you to assist you in meeting your health goals.
The cost of our initial consultation varies depending on your course of care. However, as an a la carte service, Dr. Paul’s first in-office lab is $349.00. This service is not covered by insurance.
If you are NOT an in-state resident, your initial visit at ProActive Natural Medicine must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email access with our ProActive Natural Medicine provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an ProActive Natural Medicine doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute chiropractice requests.
It is important to note the following however:
- We are an in-network provider with BCBS PPO and United Healthare PPO.
- We are not a participating Medicare provider, HOWEVER, we do accept Medicare patients and will submit billing to Medicare on your behalf. Medicare will reimburse you directly. Payment for services are due to the provider at the time of service.
- For a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or your Primary Care Physician or visit the Emergency Room.
- We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We are an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and UnitedHealthcare PPO. All approved treatments will be billed on your behalf (i.e. chiropractic services).
Not all services we provide are covered by insurance, we will discuss those services with you up front.
Additional lab testing and diagnostics may or may not be covered by your insurance. We will discuss the payment options with you up front and are happy to provide detailed billing statements for you to submit for reimbursement.
Nutrional supplements are not covered by insurance.
HSA and FSA payment is accepted in our office. It is the patient’s responsibility to confirm the expense is deemed acceptable with your HSA/FSA administrator.
- Most lab tests ordered by a ProActive Natural Medicine physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through ProActive Natural Medicine.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an ProActive Natural Medicine doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your ProActive Natural Medicine physician.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done.