What is Functional Medicine?
- One condition may have many different causes
- One cause or trigger may result in many different conditions
- Chronic illness usually have multiple mechanism
We all have unique needs depending on our genetics, chemistry, and lifestyle. Each person’s body has a very unique health profile which means they need an equally unique healing protocol.Your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self regulation. At ProActive, we strive to put you in the best environment for optimal health.
At ProActive Natural Medicine, you can expect:
- Emphasis on prevention and optimal health
- Patients are taught how to take a more active role in their own health. Emphasis on self-care and self motivation
- To spend more time exploring your medical history, lifestyle, life experiences & exposures, and circumstances around your condition
- Careful history taking, listening to your personal story, and lots of questionnaires!
- Appropriate laboratory testing with explanation of results
- To learn up-to-date nutritional & lifestyle modifications that can boost your health and overall wellness for a lifetime
- Customized plans looking at diet & lifestyle factors first
- Effective evidence based, non pharmaceutical models
- Personalized nutrient recommendations based on each patient’s unique situation
- Healing herbs or supplementation with fewer or no side effects.
Dr. Paul Mikulski and his team have helped patients heal from life-altering conditions such as:
- Digestive Disorders
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity & Dyslipidemia
- Energy Issues, Stress & Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Issues and Dysautonomia
Our Functional Medicine programs are a more comprehensive form of care (along with health coaching) to help patients learn how to upgrade their lifestyle.